Immigration services are provided by Catholic Charities on the first Wednesday of each month from 9am to 12pm. Registration is at 8:45am. Space is limited to the first 10 people. No appointments; first come, first served.
The key mission of Catholic Charities Immigration Services is to assist clients in achieving not just legal status and economic self-sufficiency, but in becoming fully active participants in the social and civic life of our communities.
Catholic Charities is recognized by the Department of Justice and their staff are accredited or licensed to provide immigration counseling and representation. Through this work, we help immigrants understand the law and to know their rights. The program is designed to advise and guide clients through the immigration process in an efficient, effective, and professionally caring manner. We serve our clients through a variety of services that include:
- legal immigration consultations to determine the eligibility of potential applicants
- reuniting families and keeping them together through: (a.) Family-based Petitions (b.) Adjustments of Status (c.) Consular Processing (d.) Waivers of Unlawful Presence
- assisting victims of crime and persecution through (a.) U Visas (b.) T Visas (c.) VAWA (d.) Political Asylum (e.) Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
- Green Card renewals and replacements
- FBI background checks and Freedom of Information Acts (FOIA)
The first step to opening a case or becoming a client is through an initial consultation in which we will determine if you qualify for an immigration benefit. We look forward to seeing you on the first Wednesday of the month!